Free Geek Montreal’s mission is to sustainably reuse technology, enable digital access, and provide education to create a community that empowers people to realize their potential.
To make our city a place where e-waste is disposed of responsibly, safely and ethically, and where everyone has access to computers, mobiles devices and the Internet.
- We believe digital technology should be accessible to everyone at minimal cost, regardless of ability/disability, age,class, culture, gender identity, geography, literacy, nationality, physical appearance, race, sex, sexual orientation, or spoken language.
- We are proactive in creating an accepting community that provides meaningful opportunities for all.
- We embrace diversity, enabling us to use the power of uniqueness to create a fun and innovative environment.
- We believe education that demystifies technology and empowers our community.
- We believe in working with the abundance around us to benefit our community.
- We believe in strong relationships with other change organizations to mutually further our missions.
- We commit to responsibly reusing technology and securely handling all data entrusted to us.
- We are accountable to ourselves and our community for keeping our recycling and reuse processes transparent and using responsible downstream vendors.
- We commit to honesty in our sales practices and integrity in the products that we grant and sell, ensuring our community members receive what they want and need.