Are you interested in teaching at Free Geek Montréal?
At Free Geek Montréal, we believe education that demystifies technology empowers our community.
Free Geek Montréal's technology classes and workshops are entirely volunteer-powered! Our goal is to help participants reach their own goals with technology. We strive to spark interest in technology and build confidence that anyone can learn and work with technology. By teaching a class at Free Geek Montréal, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your teaching skills while giving back to the community! It’s a great way to get experience in the field of education.
View our classes to get an idea of the types of classes we offer. Our curriculum centers around computer hardware, digital privacy and safety, and basic training in software, creative media, programming, and open source.
- Teach computer skills to students of varying experience and ability levels
- Teach students about technology, computer, and Internet use
- Develop class content for our target students
- Set up computers and/or peripherals for use by students
- Answer students’ questions during class
- Encourage further learning by encouraging enrollment in other available classes
- Knowledge of basic computer use
- High level of patience
- Interest in teaching students from a range of backgrounds
- Enjoy and work well with people
- Understand Free Geek Montréal’s mission
- Fluency in languages other than English or French is a plus, but not required
How to Apply
- Take a tour of Free Geek Montréal to better understand our facility and culture. Tours are offered at 11am and 4pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Apply online. A Free Geek Montréal staff member will respond to your request within two weeks.
- Come in for an interview, where we will discuss your interests, qualifications, availability, and determine if teaching at Free Geek Montréal is a good fit for you.