Environmental stewardship made easy
The technology donations you make to Free Geek Montréal are tax-deductible and go right back to impacting the community and changing lives.
On top of our commitment to sustainable reuse of technology, we are fully dedicated to maintaining the security of your data. We take the utmost care to ensure complete data destruction on every single data-bearing device we receive.
Learn more about our data security process.
What we accept
Free Geek Montréal accepts all computers and computer-related hardware, regardless of age or condition and nearly everything that plugs in or uses electricity, including smartphones, tablets, e-readers, video systems, and much more.
- Wires & cables
- Computers - working or non-working*
- LCD/LED Monitors*
- Parts of computers
- Laptops (please attach the laptop power supply with masking tape/rubber bands if possible)
- Keyboards and Mice
- Fax Machines
- Modems, routers, switches
- Motherboards and accessory cards
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Computer cables
- Cell Phones
- Game Consoles, Cartridges and Accessories (Atari, Nintendo, Sega, etc)
- Power bars, extension cords, phone cords, etc
- CDs and DVDs
- CPU/CRT combos (like iMacs)
We do not Accept
- Large Photocopiers
- Large Copiers
- CRT monitors*
- Toner cartridges & Ink
- Electric Typewriters
- Microwave Ovens
- Smoke Detectors
- Appliances (including air conditioners)
- Cash Registers
We don’t require a fee for our recycling service, but we do have suggested monetary donation amounts for individual pieces of hardware. These suggested amounts reflect the labor and cost estimated for screening and processing items for possible reuse.